Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Graphic Novel: Y, The Last Man vol. 6: Girl on Girl

by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra (2005).

I wish desparately that I could catch all the way up on this series, but I never have the money to pick up these trades. This one was a surprise present from my landlord. Just two more to go, and by the time I get to those, they'll have released another.

Anyway, this arc felt very filmic, and I really enjoyed that. I responded outloud and in my body to what was happening--you know that means something's pretty freaking good. That said, I felt a bit like this story was more of a set piece, an interlude between bigger plot points. And that's fine. Girl pirates are hot; they could have done much worse. But my favorite part of this arc was the final issue, when we see Beth in Australia and all the PTSD crap she's going through. Yorick needs to find that poor girl already.

No comments: