Monday, June 25, 2007

AthFest: the rest

Whew. Terrible hotness (of the weather variety, not the other one) made the rest of the weekend a bit hard to deal with. Saturday, Jenny and I checked out the artist market (I bought a purse), watched the petting zoo camel for a while, saw David Dondero play, saw but did not enjoy The Whigs, drank beer at a diner, and then headed back to the 40 Watt to try to catch some bands.

We did see Mouser, which is a band made of up a drummer, a guitarist/singer, and like 10 people who play horns. Some of it was really good, and some of it was really tedious.

We Versus the Shark was up next, and despite all the good I'd heard about them, they just couldn't keep my attention. We called it an early night and slept like babies. Babies with heat exhaustion.

Sunday we missed everything, on account of needing to meet Kristy for lunch. We did get to explore UGA's campus a bit, so it wasn't a total bust.

Overall, I'd say AthFest was a total success, considering how miserably hot it was out. I'm already planning on going back next year.

No comments: